Protractor test automation framework
What is Protractor
Protractor is an end-to-end test automation framework for Angular and Non-Angular websites. Protractor launches tests against your web application running in a real browser, interacting with it as a user would.
It is a Node.js program that supports Jasmine, Mocha and Cucumber test frameworks.
Why to use Protractor for tests automation
- Ability to test both AngularJS and non AngularJS sites
- Ability to execute tests locally and remotely
- Enforce PageObject pattern
- Run tests selectively (with «—suite option»)
- Can run tests in parallel
- Has additional locators for easy elements search